Here are some of my favorites from the past few weeks:
- She says "fingertails" instead of fingernails. She has now discovered the wonder of nail polish. Unfortunately, she gets sick of the color after an hour or so and demands a new color.
- She calls marshmallows, "Smushmallows," which I actually think is a more fitting name.
- While pulling her around on a raft in the pool, I said, "You're going for a carriage ride! I'm your horse!" She responded, "No, you're a hippo!" Kids always know how to make you feel great about yourself!
- She made up her own verse to "The Wheels On the Bus." It goes, "The Daddies on the bus say I love you, I love you, I love you..." Its really sweet. Too bad the mommies just say "Shh shh shh" : /
- For Keith's last day of class, we made him a bunch of posters that said things like "you did it!" or "no more school!" etc. and hung them up to surprise Keith when he got home. Grace loved practicing saying, "surprise." (She says "A prize!") Well, now Grace is obsessed with making "prizes" and she demands that every paper she scribbles on be taped to the wall to surprise daddy.
- She's started turning the tables on me. Anytime I try to discipline her or speak in a stern voice, she says, "Be nice mama, okay? No talkin' mean. Be nice." Today I took away something I didn't want her to play with and she told me, "Hey, you're being naughty!"
- She came into the room the other day and said, "Hi, my names Gracie. Pleased to meet you, mama!" Where does she come up with this stuff??
- She is obsessed with the Rogers and Hammerstein Cinderella broadway soundtrack. Everytime we are in the car she requests to listen to "Singarelly." I'm actually really impressed with how well she knows the words to most of the songs!
- She has also recently become obsessed with "A Turtle Tale," a movie on Netflix that Keith showed her. She is constantly talking about Shelly and Sammy (the two main turtles in the show.) There is one Bruno Mars song in the soundtrack that she loves and while I was grateful for a break from Cinderella, listening to the same song over and over again is starting to drive me crazy!