Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Painkillers and Pizza

Keith had his ACL surgery on Monday. Here is a play-by-play of our conversation as he woke up from his surgery:

Keith: Motions for me to lean in and whispers, "I have to tell you something..."

Well this should be interesting..

Keith: "It's about the nurses."

Me: "Oh yeah? What happened?"

Keith: "This nurse's sister cheated on her husband. But they all were saying they hate him and think he's mean. I just don't understand."

Me: "Hm..that's weird."

(I loved how he was really invested in the nurse drama at the hospital. Apparently as they wheeled him into the recovery room he said drowsily, "I hope everything works out for your sister.")

Keith: Again motions for me to lean in and whispers in my ear, "I want pizza."

Me: "Okay honey. We'll get you some later."

Keith: "I love you."

Me: "I love you too hun."

Keith: Waves for me to lean in again, "Can we order pizza?"

Me: (Trying not to laugh) "Yes, we can order pizza."

Two things were definitely confirmed during this convo:

1. Keith loves me

2. Keith really loves pizza

Also, in case you were wondering, I did order pizza. Did anyone else know that Pizza Hut is currently offering ANY size pizza with ANY toppings for $10? I was pretty impressed. Just saying.

2 comments:

  1. i love it! at least he didnt call you (at work) crying because he was scared he didnt like chocolate milk anymore...

    ReplyDelete